Yes, I've been tagged - thanks Donna! This should be fun. Here are the details:
The rules of the game:
Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay, here are my 7 random/weird facts about me!
1. I love Chai Latte (General Foods International brand) and drink a mug of it every day for my breakfast. I started drinking it when I was on the South Beach diet and it became such a favorite that I still drink it.
2. I started the South Beach diet about three years ago after I quit a very stressful job. I was working at home as a medical transcriptionist and working for three different companies, one of which demanded that I work about 18 hours a day. I basically ate to stay awake late at night and put on over 30 lbs. My husband then quit his job and we started our own business so that I could quit, and with God's help, our business has been successful, and I haven't had to work that hard since. I still do medical transcription but only about 2-3 hours a day. So needless to say, the South Beach diet rescued me and I lost all my weight plus some, and have kept it off - yeah!!
3. I have been reading the Bible all the way through this year. Usually I just read a book here and a book there - but last year I decided I would get a Bible that was divided into 365 days and read a portion of it each day. It has been a wonderful experience for me, and I would recommend it to everyone - reading the Word of God for 15 minutes each day has brought so much into my life - I can't tell you how many times a situation came up and a verse came to mind that I read that very day that got me through the situation - truly the Word is a "lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
4. I am transplanted from Prince Edward Island, Canada to Texas - and I LOVE living here in Texas.
5. I can't handle the cold weather AT ALL and no one can figure out why - since I come from the cold, snowy north - but I assure you - the cold here in Texas is much different than up north - when it gets cold up there - it stays cold all winter and you dress for it accordingly. There are no ups and downs there like here in Texas where the temperature changes on a regular basis from 70 degrees to 35 degrees in several hours! I really don't like Texas winters - but they are much preferred to icy, snowy ones though (although I do admit I miss the snow!!)
6. I am a procrastinator! Christmas is around the corner and I've yet to have a wrapped Christmas present under the tree or any Christmas cards mailed out - today - I hope to at least get started on mailing out Christmas cards - of course - time is always the factor here!! NOT enough hours in the day!!
7. I absolutely, simply adore roses and really any kind of flower - I have several in my yard that I've been trying to encourage to grow - and someday I want to have a flower garden with roses and beautiful flowers - who knows when that will be - but it is a dream nevertheless!!
Okay - so here are the seven people I will tag - hope you can play along - looking foward to reading your posts and learning more about you!